Michael E. Cirigliano, began his legal career in 2011 at the Richmond County District Attorney's Office. While working as a prosecutor, Mr. Cirigliano developed his trial skills and learned the intricacies of criminal law and criminal procedure. During his tenure at the District Attorney's Office, Mr. Cirigliano handled thousands of Driving While Intoxicated prosecutions among other offenses. Mr. Cirigliano resigned from the DA's Office in 2015 and formed the partnership of Rosas & Cirigliano.
As a founding partner of Rosas & Cirigliano, Mr. Cirigliano defends individuals charged with crimes ranging from driving while intoxicated and domestic violence to serious sex offenses and homicide. Mr. Cirigliano is a skilled litigator who is known around the legal community for his sharp intellect and effective advocacy.
Mr. Cirigliano also represents businesses and individuals before administrative tribunals such as the City of New York Business Integrity Commission and the New York State Department of Labor. In these quasi-criminal proceedings, Mr. Cirigliano uses his advocacy skills and knowledge of the law to ensure that his clients maintain their professional licenses and privileges.
Mr. Cirigliano graduated summa cum laude from New York Law School where he was an editor on the Law Review. As an alumnus, Mr. Cirigliano coaches the competitive mock trial team where he shares his knowledge and experience with law students. Mr. Cirigliano is an active member of the Richmond County Bar Association, New York State Bar Association and the New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- New York Law School- Juris Doctor, summa cum laude, 2011
- Iona College- Bachelor of Arts, 2008
- New York State Bar Association, member
- Richmond County Bar Association, member
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, member
- Assistant District Attorney, Richmond County District Attorney's Office, 2011-2015
- Judicial Intern- Hon. Joan M. Azrack, District Judge for the Eastern District of New York